jueves, 10 de agosto de 2017

#TheReadingQuest

First of all, I'm sorry for my grammar/spelling mistakes and anything weird you may read. English is not my mother tongue.

Hello! I'm back for a short period of time.
I'm planning to participate in #TheReadingQuest readathon created by readatmidnight (blog and twitter). It is a four-week-long readathon, but that isn't the only thing that makes it interesting. The are some challenges you must complete, depending on what character you decide to use, and you have to try to earn experience and health points (look at the original #TheReadingQuest post at readatmidnight for more information).

(Artwork created by CW of Read, Think, Ponder)

I think I will follow the Mage path and -if I have time- continue with the Knight challenges. The Bard is difficult to do with my TBR pile at home and the Rogue might be impossible for me. I'll try to also complete the extra missions.

I don't know how much I can accomplish in four weeks because I'll be working during the readathon. Maybe I should read more than one book at a time to complete as fast as possible two challenges. I could listen to an audiobook at work while I'm driving and a physical book at home. We'll see. I'll try to update you on how I'm doing once a week.

These are the books I'm planning to read to complete the challenges (Mage, Knight and Extra):




Mage path challenges:
  • A book with one word title:
    Champion, Momo (Spanish edition) or Mathilda by Mary Shelley (audiobook) -I like to keep my options open.
  • A book that contains magic:
    The third book in the Septimus series (spanish edition): Septimus y el último alquimista.
  • A book based on mythology:
    The twins (Menaechmi) by Plautus (Spanish edition).
  • A book set in a different world:
    The third book in Howl's Moving Castle trilogy (Spanish edition): La casa de los mil pasillos.
  • The first book of a series:
    The Assassin's Curse.

Here I would start the Knight path:
  • A book with a verb in its title:
    The Food of the Gods and How it Came to Earth by H. G. Wells (audiobook).
  • A book with a weapon on its cover:
    Heir of Fire, the third book in the Throne of Glass saga.
  • A book with a red cover:
    The Pirate's Wish.
  • A book that has an adaptation:
    Fantastic beasts and where to find them -screenplay-.

Extra challenges:
  • Potions: Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist or Bakuman.
  • Multiplayer: Agatha Christie's Ten Little Niggers (Spanish edition).
  • Grind: Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (audiobook).
  • Respawn: Love and Mr. Lewisham by H. G. Wells (audiobook).
  • Animal companion: The Chronicles of Narnia -The Witch, the Lion and the Wardrobe-.
  • Mini-game: Bakuman.
  • Expansion: Tiempo al tiempo, companion graphic novel to the Spanish TV serie El Ministerio del Tiempo.
  • Time warp: The Discovery of the Future by H. G. Wells (audiobook).
  • Open world: I have a CD with more Wells' novels, so it may be one of them.

Note: All the audiobooks named here are Librivox recordings and in the public domain.

That's it! I'll tell you how it goes.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario